Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Florida Water and Cleansing


http://www.boxvox.net/2008/09/florida-water.html

After having come across it a few times on websites and YouTube I was quite happy when I found Florida Water in a local store. Of course I bought it right away. They had a little tester where you could smell it and already in the store I found it fantastic. When I came home I put some on my neck and behind my ears, just like Krazyboytx recommended in one of his YouTube videos. That alone already felt fantastic.

Since my altar needed a cleaning anyways, after clearing it and wiping it down I also gave it a wipe with some Florida Water. It really gives me the feeling of having cleansed it form some extra energies as well.

In another video on YouTube a tip was to use Florida Water to stop arguments and negative energies in general. For example, you can place a bowl with a little Florida Water in each room of the house to stop negativity from coming in. I was having a small argument with my boyfriend so I decided to be radical and wiped some on him behind his ears and on his neck and did the same thing with myself while telling him about what Florida Water does. If it was the Florida Water or just doing something while talking about the argument being over, I don't know. But we were certainly best friends again after. :-)

Needless to say that Florida Water is one of my new, favorite things. It is especially useful because I am often very busy and don't have the energy to light incense or smudge sticks. Incense requires you to stay in the room to be safe about fire and a smudge stick also has to be made safe to put back in the drawer after using it. Florida Water is such a wonderful alternative and on a busy day where I am often tired, the fresh and yummy smell works as an extra pick-me-up in way that incense and smudge sticks just cannot do.

There are some great videos that give a lot of different uses for Florida Water that I can definitely recommend. I really love the versatility of its uses and just cannot get over the smell! It also changes over time. Coming fresh from the bottle it might smell a bit strong but that stops very quickly. My boyfriend (when I did that thing to stop the argument) said he really disliked the smell. But every night I put it on behind my ears and on my neck just before I go to bed for some extra cleansing and protection and throughout the day I often use it for the same purpose as well and he's always telling me how good it smells! 

I could go on but I'll post some of the Florida Water videos including one on how to make your own if you do have the time:














No comments:

Post a Comment